After months of consultation with Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Participants and industry stakeholders, AEMO has improved the Data Dashboard for the WEM to deliver greater access to improved insights.
Western Australia’s (WA) energy sector is experiencing a rapid transformation to low emissions energy and greater decentralisation, with distributed solar (over 2,000 MW) already larger than the sum of the six biggest generators in the South West Integrated System (SWIS).
This uplift to the WEM Data Dashboard is just one way AEMO is investing in capabilities to manage the evolving power system through the WA Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Program, which supports the WA Government’s DER Roadmap.
The uplift has enabled the following new features:
- Publication of estimated distributed PV generation on the Market Data Site and across several visualisations;
- New Market Pulse landing providing users with a more relevant snapshot of the WEM;
- Uplift to the Fuel Mix visualisations showing a more detailed view of generation mix for various time horizons;
- A new visualisation tracking the progress of renewable penetration in the WEM; and
- Record WEM measurements for various time horizons, including operational demand and renewable generation records.
Visit AEMO’s website to view these changes and more.
AEMO’s Executive General manager – WA & Strategy, Kate Ryan, said the uplift will provide all our stakeholders greater visibility and transparency on the state of the SWIS and wholesale market, particularly as the power system transition continues to accelerate.
AEMO is committed to continue refining the Data Dashboard and ensure it remains a valuable resource for all our stakeholders. We welcome feedback and suggestions for improvement. Please email email@example.com to share your thoughts.