The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) advises under clause 3.15.21(c5) of the National Electricity Rules (NER) as follows:
- External administration default events have occurred in respect of Basslink Pty Ltd ACN 090 996 231 (Basslink), a registered participant in the National Electricity Market.
- AEMO has made a non-suspension decision in respect of Basslink in accordance with NER 3.15.21(c2).
- The non-suspension decision applies to Basslink’s registration and activities as a Market Network Service Provider and has been issued subject to conditions.
- Despite the non-suspension decision, AEMO may issue a suspension notice in relation to Basslink’s registration and activities as a Market Network Service Provider in the circumstances set out in NER 3.15.21(c6)(1) to (3), namely:
- AEMO considers that Basslink has failed to satisfy any of the conditions that apply to the non-suspension decision;
- a further default event occurs in respect of Basslink; or
- AEMO is not satisfied that Basslink will meet its relevant liabilities under the NER.