AEMO’s Stakeholder Relations team are currently undertaking a review and renewal of existing AEMO forums and working groups. The objective of which is to improve our decision making and, ultimately, the outcomes delivered for energy consumers. The increasing complexity of our operating environment and rapidly changing energy landscape now requires an engagement approach built around collaboration and early participation, including at the problem definition stage.
As foreshadowed in our 2019-20 Corporate Plan, AEMO has reviewed engagement practices used by both AEMO and a range of comparable organisations. Part of this review involved collating and considering feedback from stakeholders as we aim to deliver a more collaborative, transparent, and dynamic experience for our stakeholders as they engage with us. Our new model should also deliver a more streamlined formal stakeholder engagement and consultation process.
Any new model is intended to deliver an uplift in both:
- The level of transparency market participants, consumers, and other stakeholders enjoy regarding AEMO's understanding of current and emerging challenges
- A more two-way, collaborative experience for stakeholders, in both defining problems and identifying solutions.
· We are determined to ensure that stakeholders can engage with AEMO’s many workshops and forums in a way that is transparent (so they can understand AEMO’s position on various matters, what’s happening across the business) and efficient (so that their time is used effectively).
The online calendar for forums and working groups
The Industry meetings calendar is an accessible and centralised tool located on the AEMO website front page, or through the Working with us webpage. It will keep you informed about the dates and details for all upcoming AEMO forums, working groups and events.
At this stage, all of our industry meetings will continue to be held online as we navigate the ongoing situation with Covid-19.
Working with Us web-page
The updated Working with us web-page provides a one-stop-shop for you to access:
- AEMO contacts and useful links
- Details on consultation forums and workshops
- Industry Forums and Working Groups calendar
“We’re looking forward to hearing from our stakeholders and what ideas they have for ensuring we deliver the best engagement we can,” said Alicia Webb, AEMO’s Manager – Strategic Engagement.
AEMO’s Stakeholder Relations team is always available to assist with enquiries, so please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions.