AEMO is hosting a stakeholder workshop on Thursday 10 October as part of the consultation process for the development of the upcoming 2020 ISP.
AEMO is currently developing the 2020 Integrated System Plan (ISP) which will provide an actionable roadmap for navigating Australia’s secure and reliable energy future.
Nearly seven months of consultation and workshops have been undertaken from January this year to define the inputs, assumptions, and scenarios on which the modelling for the 2020 ISP would be based.
The next major step is a workshop to be held on 10 October with participants to share some of the initial outcomes of the modelling that is underway and seek their input and views.
The intent of the workshop will be to:
- Answer questions on how the 2020 ISP is being developed
- Consult with participants on the engagement approach on the draft ISP from January to June 2020
- Explain the key differences between the 2020 ISP and the 2018 ISP, sharing preliminary outcomes on projected future energy resource mixes
- Discuss preliminary observations with participants, explaining the rationale and reasons for same, and seek views on what we should be considered in the analysis
- Ensure we are meeting stakeholder requirements by:
- Capturing initial reactions to the preliminary energy resource mix outcomes presented, and what areas participants would like more information on
- Seeking views on whether we considering the right options for key transmission and renewable energy Zone developments, and what alternatives we should consider
The core objectives of the AEMO 2020 ISP are to maximise value to energy customers by designing a future-oriented system that minimises total system-cost, enhances optionality to manage key risks and uncertainties and to adapt to possible policy choices.
AEMO will continue to consult and deliver public updates on the development of the 2020 ISP due for release mid-2020, with the next instalment being a draft released for consultation in December 2019.
If you wish you have your say along the way, please email email@example.com
You can access the full 2019-20 Integrated System Plan Consultation here.