This page reports information on the capacity of existing, withdrawn, committed, and proposed generation projects in the National Electricity Market (NEM). AEMO collects generation information reported here from generation industry participants, via a web-based online system, and is committed to publishing updates of information collected every three months, or as required.
Expected closure years
Any updated expected closure years provided following the publication of the “NEM” data file (as per NER 2.2.1(e)(2A)) are found in the "Generating unit expected closure year" file below.
This file represents the most up to date collection of closure timings.
NEM Generation information publications
Generation information data is published within one consolidated "NEM" data file, and provides information for each region in the NEM about:
- Existing and committed scheduled and semi-scheduled generation capacities over the next 10 years.
- Changes and limitations to existing generation.
- Proposed developments.
- Existing non-scheduled generation.
If any party has additional information they believe should be included on this generation information page, or believes a change is required to the information currently reported, please direct that information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEM Generation Information July 2021844.08 KB
NEM Generation Information May 2021848.79 KB
NEM Generation Information January 2021819.09 KB
NEM Generation Information November 2020819.18 KB
NEM generation information 29 July 2020 v2821.95 KB
NEM generation information 29 July 2020823.7 KB
NEM generation information 22 July 2020822.5 KB
NEM generation information April 2020803.47 KB
NEM generation information February 2020807.06 KB
NEM generation information January 2020808.41 KB
NEM generation information November 2019811.67 KB
NEM generation information August 2019813.01 KB
NEM generation information 29 July 2019810.87 KB
NEM generation information 18 July 2019812.83 KB
Publication Dates 2019, May 10 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2019, January 21 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2018, November 02 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2018, July 31 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2018, March 16 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2017, December 29 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2017, June 5 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2017, February 27 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2016, November 18 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2016, August (2016 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2016, April 15 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2015, October 26 (NEM ESOO Update) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2015, August 13 (2015 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2015, May 15 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, December 10 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, August 8 (2014 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, May 30 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2014, February 28 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2013, November 15 NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2013, August 13 (2013 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC 2012, July 31 (2012 NEM ESOO) NSW QLD SA TAS VIC
Key Connection Information (KCI)
The following Key Connection Information (KCI) is required to be published on the Generation Information Page under NER 3.7F(3). The information is part of a series of changes to the National Electricity Rules (NER) to improve the transparency of new generation projects in the National Electricity Market (NEM).
Generation Information Guidelines
Purpose and scope
- These are the Generation Information Guidelines (Guidelines) made under clause 11.117.3(a) of the National Electricity Rules (NER).
- NER clause 3.7F(e) specifies four topics that must be addressed in the generation information guidelines, to which the sections below correspond. These are:
- the categories of information to be published on AEMO’s generation information page;
- the intervals at which updates to the generation information page will be published;
- the manner, timing and format in which key connection information will be provided by transmission network service providers (TNSP) to AEMO; and
- guidance regarding the evidence that AEMO may require to register a project developer and NER clause 3.13.3AA(c).
- These Guidelines have effect only for the purposes set out in the NER. The NER and the National Electricity Law prevail over these Guidelines to the extent of any inconsistency.
This generation information page has been prepared by AEMO at the request of industry for the purpose of providing information on existing, committed and proposed generation as advised by Registered Participants within the National Electricity Market (NEM).
This generation information page contains data provided by third parties, including forecasts of the timing and capacity of future generation. This data is included “as is” and may not be free from errors or omissions. You should verify and check the accuracy, completeness, reliability and suitability of the data for any intended use you intend to put it to, and seek independent expert advice before using it. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, AEMO and its employees and consultants and other contributors to this generation information page:
- make no representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the currency, accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information published here; and
- are not liable (whether by reason of negligence or otherwise) for any statements, opinions or other matters contained in or derived from this information, or any omissions from it, or in respect of a person’s use of the information.