Generator Performance Testing and Monitoring
Transmission Connected Generating Systems need to demonstrate that their performance is in accordance with their Registered Generator Performance Standards. This requirement is divided into two separate activities:
- GPS Compliance Tests, which need to occur before a new or modified generator is allowed to operate in the SWIS.
- GPS Compliance Tests must be submitted using the Generator Performance Standard Test Procedure Template (GPS Test Procedure Template).
- Generator Monitoring Plan (GMP) which details how the Transmission Connected Generating System will comply with the approved GPS – this is an ongoing requirement.
A GMP needs to be submitted using the Generator Monitoring Plan Template (GMP Template). The process of establishing a GMP can be summarised into the following stages of interaction:
Market Participants responsible for Transmission Connected Generating Systems need to contact AEMO to discuss their GMP.
Market Participants with an Existing Transmission Connected Generating System can enter here for further details.
- WEM Procedure: GPS Compliance Tests and Generator Monitoring Plans (under Dispatch and Planning Procedures)
- Generator Monitoring Plan Template
- GPS Test Procedure Template
- WEM Power System Operation Procedure: Commissioning Tests (under Dispatch and Planning Procedures)
- WEM Procedure: Communications and Control Systems (under Dispatch and Planning Procedures)
For technical queries about GPS Compliance Tests or Generator Monitoring Plans please contact AEMO WEM GPS on WEM.GPS@aemo.com.au
For queries regarding extensions to Generator Monitoring Plans for Existing Transmission Connected Generating Systems, please contact WA Market Operations & Support on 1300 989 797 (option 2) or firstname.lastname@example.org