GBB facility registration
This page provides details of the various activities needed to register a GBB facility. To register in a different energy market, please go to Energy Systems > Registration.
The following documents are needed for registration.
Exemptions for GBB data provision
Eligibility for exemption
A BB participant may be granted an exemption on providing information to the Bulletin Board via one of two pathways:
- Where that information will be provided by another person. The most common example of this is where two pipelines intersect and one of the BB participants will provide the information and the other BB participant will apply for an exemption. All other information, required to be submitted under the Rules, still needs to be submitted by the participant holding the exemption.
- Where a large user facility already has its consumption data submitted by another BB reporting entity or the data is already available to AEMO using automated processes from other markets it operates or administers.
Applying for an exemption
The following form needs to be completed when applying for an exemption. You must provide supporting evidence from the other participant that endorses the exemption and acknowledges that they will take on the function of GBB reporting entity for the information for both facilities. AEMO may seek further evidence to confirm that the exemption can be granted.
For all facilities (excluding large user facilities) applying for an exemption under NGR 164, the person submitting the exemption request must provide supporting evidence from the other participant that endorses the exemption and acknowledges that they will take on the function of GBB reporting entity for the information
For large user facilities applying for an exemption from reporting daily consumption data (NGR 190) or nameplate capacity (NGR164), supporting information is not required in the initial submission of the application. AEMO may request further information if it is required.
Update facility information
If any Gas Bulletin Board (GBB) Facility Operators or Part 24 Facility Operators need to update their facility details, please fill out a new facility registration form (see the ‘Register a facility for the GBB’ section above). If you have a copy of your old form, please send that in, with amendments shown in a different colour.
Change a GBB facility operator
The following transfer document needs to be completed when a GBB facility is being transferred to another operator, the membership of the facility operator group has changed, or the GBB reporting entity for the facility has changed.
Revoke a facility registration in the GBB
To revoke a facility registration in the GBB, the facility operator must complete the following form.
Simplified Data Submission for BB Reporting Entities
Participants who have been registered to submit data via the simplified process in accordance with the BB Procedures can make submissions via email to AEMO.
The data needs to follow the formatting rules and include the information outlined within the BB Submission Guide on the Procedures and Guides (data field names as column headers). To submit the information, the file needs to be emailed to the Bulletin Board Operator with the following heading format:
- “Data submission” – Company Name – Company Id (e.g. “Data submission – Australian Energy Market Operator Ltd – 13”)
AEMO will review the submission and respond to the BB reporting entity with one of the following two outcomes:
- that the submission has been accepted; or,
- that the submission does not conform (problems listed) and request the data be resubmitted.