Outage Management Data Conversion Process
AEMO must transfer and convert, as applicable, data and other information relating to or in connection with Outages under the Pre-Amended Rules to the relevant systems under the Post-Amended Rules ("Outage Data Conversion") that AEMO determines is necessary or desirable to [WEM Rule 1.57.10]:
- Enable AEMO to perform its functions in respect of Outages under Chapter 3 of the Post-Amended Rules;
- Enable a Market Participant to comply with its obligations in respect of Outages under Chapter 3 of the Post
- Amended Rules; and
Enable a Network Operator to comply with its obligations in respect of Outages under Chapter 3 of the Post-Amended Rules.
Data conversion for Market Participant and Network Operator Outages for the Production Environment will occur on the 15th of September 2023 at 8AM and 1st of October 2023 at 8AM respectively. Outages submitted in the old SM MPI, spanning over the New WEM Commencement Date and beyond, will need to be maintained in both the new Outage Management System and the old SM MPI.
Rule Participants will be required to enter Outages prior to the New WEM Commencement Date within the SM MPI and not in the new Outage Management System. This includes retrospective Forced Outages for the month of September.
AEMO will migrate existing Outages in the current SM MPI which meet the following criteria:
- Has an End Interval greater than or equal to 01/10/2023 08:00AM;
- Has a Commencement Interval less than 01/10/2026 08:00AM;
- Has a latest version status of: Awaiting Acceptance, Awaiting Approval, Accepted, Accepted with Conditions, Approved, Approved with Conditions or Assessment Underway;
- Has an Outage type of: Proposed Outage Plan (POP), Opportunistic Maintenance Outage (OPP), Forced Outage (FRC) or Forced Network Limitation (FNL); and
- The Facility has completed the SCED registration activities in the WEM Registration system.