South Australian Advisory Functions
The South Australian Advisory Functions (SAAF) is a collection of independent reports prepared by AEMO and published for the South Australian jurisdiction under Section 50B of the National Electricity Law. Under these provisions, the South Australian Government may also request AEMO to undertake additional advisory functions for the South Australian Declared Power System.
The documents being produced as part of the SAAF are listed below.
South Australian Electricity Report (SAER)
The SAER is an executive briefing, summarising
South Australia’s supply and demand situation.
The report includes:
- Consumption and demand, and the impact of rooftop photovoltaic (PV) generation, battery storage, and electric vehicles (EVs).
- Existing and committed supply, including generation and interconnector capacities and historical performance.
- Historical electricity spot market pricing information.
- Supply adequacy and system security outlook.
- 2018 South Australian Electricity Report (2.5 MB, pdf)
- 2018 South Australian Electricity Report – Data File (13.3 MB, zip)
- 2017 South Australian Electricity Report (2.9 MB, pdf)
- 2017 South Australian Electricity Report – Data File (4.7 MB, xls)
- 2017 South Australian Electricity Report – Figures (3.7 MB, zip)
South Australian Demand Forecasts
The South Australian demand forecasts summarise electricity demand forecasts data, including insights, from the National Electricity Forecasting Report.
South Australian Historical Market Information Report (SAHMIR)
The SAHMIR provides historical information on South Australian electricity market prices, generation, demand, and interconnector flows between South Australia and Victoria, focusing on the past five financial years (2012–13 to 2016–17, and July 2017 where applicable).
South Australian Generation Forecasts
The South Australian Generation Forecasts report provides forecasts of the potential future electricity generation mix in South Australia over the next ten years
SA Generation Forecasts Archive
- 2017 South Australian Generation Forecasts
- 2017 South Australian Generation Forecasts – Data File
- 2017 South Australian Generation Forecasts – Figures
South Australian Renewable Energy Report (SARER)
The SARER analyses South Australia’s historical wind farm and rooftop photovoltaic (PV) performance, including electricity market pricing insights, over the past five financial years.
South Australian Fuel and Technology Report (SAFTR)
The SAFTR provides an analysis of fuel, resources, and power generation and supporting technologies in South Australia, to facilitate informed decision-making about South Australia’s energy policies, focusing on availability, maturity, and cost.
Comparison of ElectraNet's TAPR projects and their revenue proposal
This is an independent review of projects submitted by ElectraNet in its annual planning report.
- Comparison of ElectraNet's 2019 TAPR projects and the AER's revenue determination (652 KB, pdf)
- Comparison of ElectraNet's 2018 TAPR projects and the AER's revenue determination (989 KB, pdf)
- Comparison of ElectraNet's 2017 TAPR projects and their revenue proposal
- Comparison of ElectraNet’s 2015 TAPR Projects and the Plan Accepted by the AER
Ad hoc publications
Minimum Operational Demand Thresholds in South Australia Review1.78 MB
Managing South Australia's energy transition fact sheet634.27 KB
2017 Independent Planning Review – ElectraNet Capital Expenditure Projects
2017 Independent Planning Review - ElectraNet Capital Expenditure Projects AEMO's final review of ElectraNet’s capital expenditure project proposals for the regulatory period 2018–19 to 2022–23.1.27 MB
2016 Independent Planning Review - ElectraNet Preliminary Capital Expenditure Projects
Reviews ElectraNet’s preliminary capital expenditure project proposals for the regulatory period 2018–19 to 2022–23.1.07 MB
The Heywood Interconnector Upgrade
The Heywood Interconnector Upgrade – provides an overview of the status of the Heywood Interconnector upgrade project.447.5 KB
South Australian Planning Requirement
The South Australian Planning Requirement for New Electricity Generation report provides an overview about the current planning, regulatory, and licencing requirements for generators seeking to establish in South Australia.603.85 KB
2012 ElectraNet revenue cap review: Capital projects assessment report
The South Australian Government asked AEMO to review ElectraNet’s revenue proposal for the regulatory period 2013–14 to 2017–18.414.68 KB
Generation information - all generation information can be found here.
South Australia generation maps
- South Australia: Existing Generation Map 2018 (1.6 MB, pdf)
- South Australia: Proposed Generation Map 2018 (1.7 MB, pdf)
- South Australia: Existing Generation Map 2016 - Update
- South Australia: Existing Generation Map 2016
- South Australia: Proposed Generation Map 2016 - Update
- South Australia: Proposed Generation Map 2016