Summer operations report 2019-20
Annually, AEMO prepares a summer readiness plan, collaborating with generation and transmission network providers, federal and state governments, and key agencies to actively manage heightened risks to power system operations.
The readiness plan to address risks and deliver reliable and secure power to consumers throughout summer 2019-20 builds on the strategies and actions which delivered reliable, secure supply during summer 2018-19, and is structured around these four pillars:
- Sufficient available resources.
- Continuing operational improvements.
- Contingency planning.
- Collaboration and communication.
Read AEMO's full pre-summer 2019-20 report here:
- AEMO 2019-20 Summer Readiness Plan (529 KB, pdf)
Publishing of Reliability and Emergency Reserve Trader (RERT) related costs
- Message about summer readiness and publishing RERT costs (641 KB, pdf)