Overview of the Declared Wholesale Gas Market
This course will provide attendees with a broad understanding of how gas works in this market.
AEMO’s gas markets: eastern and south eastern markets,
Gas Bulletin Board and Wallumbilla & Moomba gas hubs.
- About the STTM – how it operates, key arrangements with
trading participants, market fundamentals, emergency
- About the DWGM –Declared Transmission System operations
in Victoria, trading participant arrangements, system
security, key market concepts and processes.
- Settlements and Prudentials – Markets settlements
comparison, settlement and prudential concepts explained
- The Gas Supply Hub – Why a gas exchange?Registering for
the GSH, market and legal frameworks, trading and market
operation, gas delivery, market support.
Face-to-face (single-day) class
Virtual (2 half-day) sessions
- Basic concepts in market design and key processes for its
- The fundamentals of natural gas.
- Gas system operations, scheduling and pricing - Concepts
such as Authorised Maximum Daily Quantity.
- How the market is settled.
- AEMO’s role in the operation of the DWGM.
- The roles of the different categories of participants and
the inter-relationships between them.
Attendees of the course will gain an understanding of AEMO's role in the DWGM.
$480 (plus GST) per person
2023 course schedule coming soon
How to enrol:
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses
- Add the education course to the Cart
- Create an individual log in
You will also be able to access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.