Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) courses are now offered in either virtual or in-person settings. Courses in Perth will be held in-person at AEMO's offices, and remain subject to any local physical distancing restrictions and/or gathering limits.
This course provides a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in Western Australian (WA) and its mechanisms. No prior knowledge of the WEM is necessary to attend this course.
- Basic introduction to the electricity sector.
- Overview of the South West interconnected System.
- Explanation of the market mechanisms:
- Energy market
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Overview of market participant interfaces.
- Introduction to the market rules.
Attendees will gain a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market in Western Australia (WA) and its mechanisms.
The course is free to WEM participants.
Non-WEM participants: $150 (plus GST) per person
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the Catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
For bulk enrolments (10 attendee or more), please contact email@example.com.