Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
AEMO has postponed all face-to-face energy education courses during the COVID-19 health alert. Webinars will proceed as planned, and e-learning continues to be available.
Some courses have now been adapted for virtual instructor led delivery and course schedules will be updated regularly to reflect their current status.
Where a course has not yet re-commenced via virtual delivery, please contact email@example.com to be notified when registrations re-open, and include the name of the course(s) you are interested in.
This course provides a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in Western Australian (WA) and its mechanisms. No prior knowledge of the WEM is necessary to attend this course.
- Basic introduction to the electricity sector.
- Overview of the South West interconnected System.
- Explanation of the market mechanisms:
- Energy market
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Overview of market participant interfaces.
- Introduction to the market rules.
Attendees will gain a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market in Western Australia (WA) and its mechanisms.
8 September 2020
9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)
Open for enrolments
The course is free to WEM participants.
Non-WEM participants: $150 (plus GST) per person
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the Catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
For bulk enrolments (10 attendee or more), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.