Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
IMPORTANT: AEMO has postponed all face-to-face energy education courses during the COVID-19 health alert. Webinars will proceed as planned, and e-learning continues to be available.
We are currently working to develop a technology delivery solution to allow instructor-led courses to proceed virtually where appropriate, and will update the course schedule accordingly once this is in place.
Please check this page regularly for the status of upcoming sessions.
We are not currently accepting any new registrations for face-to-face courses. To be notified by email when registrations re-open, please contact email@example.com and include the name of the course(s) you are interested in.
This course provides a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in Western Australian (WA) and its mechanisms. No prior knowledge of the WEM is necessary to attend this course.
- Basic introduction to the electricity sector.
- Overview of the South West interconnected System.
- Explanation of the market mechanisms:
- Energy market
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Overview of market participant interfaces.
- Introduction to the market rules.
Attendees will gain a high level overview of the Wholesale Electricity Market in Western Australia (WA) and its mechanisms.
|8 April 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Registrations suspended|
|13 May 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Registrations suspended|
|9 June 2020||9.00am – 12.30pm (AWST)||Perth||Registrations suspended|
The course is free to WEM participants.
Non-WEM participants: $150 (plus GST) per person
How to enrol
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the Catalogue button to view courses.
- Add the education course to the Cart.
- Create an individual log in.
For bulk enrolments (10 attendee or more), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.