Overview of the Declared Wholesale Gas Market
In this section
In this section
- National Electricity Market Overview - elearning and face-to-face
- National Electricity Market (NEM) Fundamentals
- National Electricity Market Overview - elearning
- Metrology for the NEM
- Network and Frequency Control Ancillary Service constraints in the NEM overview
- Understanding Market Settlement and Transfer Solution (MSATS)
- An overview of AEMO’s gas markets - elearning
- Overview of the Declared Wholesale Gas Market
- Overview of the Short Term Trading Market
- Gas Fundamentals
- Wholesale Electricity Market introduction
- Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- Energy Markets: STEM, Balancing and LFAS
This course will provide attendees with a broad understanding of how gas works in this market.
- AEMO’s gas markets: eastern and south eastern markets, Gas Bulletin Board and Wallumbilla & Moomba gas hubs.
- About the STTM – how it operates, key arrangements with trading participants, market fundamentals, emergency arrangements.
- About the DWGM –Declared Transmission System operations in Victoria, trading participant arrangements, system security, key market concepts and processes.
- Settlements and Prudentials – Markets settlements comparison, settlement and prudential concepts explained
- The Gas Supply Hub – Why a gas exchange?Registering for the GSH, market and legal frameworks, trading and market operation, gas delivery, market support.
Face-to-face one-day class
- Basic concepts in market design and key processes for its
- The fundamentals of natural gas.
- Gas system operations, scheduling and pricing - Concepts
such as Authorised Maximum Daily Quantity.
- How the market is settled.
- AEMO’s role in the operation of the DWGM.
- The roles of the different categories of participants and the inter-relationships between them.
Attendees of the course will gain an understanding of AEMO's role in the DWGM.
$436 plus GST per person
Date Location Status 2020 enrolments opening late Nov/early Dec.
How to enrol:
- Visit the AEMO Learning Academy.
- Click on the catalogue button to view courses.
You will also gain access the AEMO e-learning and education catalogues.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.